Thank you for visiting www.nurseaidetesting.com. This information is provided in partnership with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC), Illinois Nurse Assistant Competency Exam (INACE) project. Below you will find information about the requirements to become a CNA in the State of Illinois as well as documents needed to begin the process.
There are several avenues a potential CNA may have in order to be competency tested and added to the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Health Care Worker Registry (HCWR). Most will attend an approved Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program. The processes for recent graduates, Fundamentals of Nursing students, students who need to re-test to recertify after a dormant period of 24 months, and out-of-state CNAs will be addressed by the SIUC Nurse Aide Testing Program. Military personnel and foreign-trained nurses should contact the Health Care Worker Registry directly at 1-844-789-3676.
Please follow the link below which describes the process that applies to your current situation.
An Illinois CNA must meet one of the following requirements:
Basic Nurse Assistant Training Program for CNAs
Fundamentals of Nursing Student
Recertification Process for Lapsed CNA
Additional IDPH Requirements for CNA Employment
Online Forms and Resource Material
• Nursing Student Application (SIUC)
• Military Personnel Application (IDPH)
• Foreign LPN or RN Application (IDPH)
• Out-of- State CNA Application (SIUC)
• Recertification Process (SIUC)
• Online Recertification Form (SIUC)
• Listing of Approved Independent Evaluators by County (IDPH)
• Instructions for Approved Evaluators (SIUC)
• Manual Skills Evaluator Form (SIUC)