You are responsible for reading the contents of this page, content linked from this page, and the contents of the email that included the link to this page.
|You are scheduled to participate in a virtual competency examination from your home. You must join the zoom meeting at least 15 to 20 minutes prior to the test start time. The exam will begin promptly and individuals who attempt to join the meeting after the test start time will not be admitted. You will be required to reschedule at your own expense. |
Your facility or school’s lockdown browser does not work for the INACE test. Follow all of the directions on this page. See the virtual handout CBT for instructions to download the INACE Lockdown Browser. If you do not join the Zoom meeting, your exam will be locked and you will have to reschedule your exam.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY OF YOUR EXAM TO REACH OUT FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT IF YOU NEED IT. IF YOU HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED THE INACE LOCKDOWN BROWSER, YOU WILL NOT BE TESTED AND WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE A NEW ADMINISTRATION. THE COST IS $45.
Linked from this page are several DOCUMENTS for your review and action prior to the exam.
- VIRTUAL HANDOUT CBT (Checklist of required items, tasks you must perform days ahead of your exam, things to do 15-20 minutes before the exam, testing instructions and testing behaviors).
CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIRTUAL HANDOUT CBT
- Preferred INACE View (document that shows how your room/computer/phone should be positioned for testing).
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PREFERRED INACE VIEW
- INACE Login Instructions (NOTE: YOU MUST LAUNCH THE LOCKDOWN BROWSER BEFORE LOGGING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO TEST)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW INACE LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS
- INACE Zoom Join Instructions (Detailed directions of how to join the zoom meeting)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW INACE ZOOM JOIN INSTRUCTIONS
- Following is a link to the INACE Virtual Test video on You Tube which will detail the expectations for participation in a zoom proctored examination: https://youtu.be/Ei8l99Sjzmw.
Please note that this examination may only be taken on a laptop or desktop with a WINDOWS or MACINTOSH operating system. It will not work on a Chromebook, Linux or other operating systems.
|The linked Virtual Instructions CBT Handout, found above, provides you with a checklist of items you must have in order to take a virtual proctored exam at home as well as a numbered list of things you MUST do in the days leading up to your test. |
ITEMS 1, 2, 3 & 4 MUST BE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED BEFORE YOUR TEST DATE.
YOU MUST INSTALL THE INACE LOCKDOWN BROWSER ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VIRTUAL HANDOUT CBT AND GO THROUGH THE LAUNCH BROWSER PROCEDURE WELL BEFORE YOUR TEST TIME. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE INSTALLATION, CONTACT email@example.com.
Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Keep this in mind when you are seeking technical support. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL TEST DAY TO SEEK OUT ASSISTANCE. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO TEST, YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE VIRTUAL ADMINISTRATION.
The ZOOM meeting invitation can be found at the end of INACE exam notification email. Please keep this information so you are ready for your test.
Staff members will be in the zoom meeting approximately 30 minutes prior to testing.
TEST DATE CHECK LIST – BEFORE SIGNING INTO THE ZOOM MEETING
- GO TO THE INACE LOGIN PAGE AT https://inace.nurseaidetesting.com/inace/.
- LAUNCH THE LOCKDOWN BROWSER FROM THE BOTTOM RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THAT PAGE.
- IF YOU ARE PROMPTED THAT OTHER APPS ARE RUNNING CLICK (CLOSE PROCESSES)
LOGIN WITH YOUR ID AND PASSWORD (NOTE: YOU MUST LAUNCH THE LOCKDOWN BROWSER BEFORE LOGGING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO TEST)
- VERIFY THAT THE TOP LEFT HAND OF YOUR ACTIVE WEB PAGE SAYS DxR
IF YOU PERFORM THE STEPS ABOVE, YOU WILL BE ADMITTED INTO A ZOOM BREAKOUT ROOM TO COMPLETE YOUR EXAM.